Baked Avocado Eggs
What better way to embrace fat than from avocado? These simple eggs are baked right inside the avocado half!
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 25 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
2 medium size, firm, ripe avocados
2 tbsp. olive oil
4 large eggs
Salt and pepper
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F. LINE a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Form 4 circular rings out of aluminum foil to use in keeping the avocados upright for prepping and baking.
- Slice the avocados and remove the pits. Place avocados inside the foil rings on the baking sheet and Brush with olive oil. Scoop out a hole where the pit was. Hole should be large enough to hold one broken egg.
- Break an egg into the center of each of the avocados, being careful to keep the yolks intact. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, about 15 minutes.
- Top with parsley and ground pepper and serve.
Nutrition Information (1/4 of the recipe)
Calories: 260; Protein: 9 grams; Fat: 23 grams; Carbs: 8 grams