Instead of tortillas, use eggs to create high protein wraps. Fill with turkey, avocado, low fat cheese, hummus, or vegetables. It’s a quick and easy way to get a boost of BCAAs (branch chain amino acids) to build muscles.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 4 minutes
Prep: 2 minutes
Cook: 2 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 Egg
- Optional seasonings: salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, basil, oregano
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Coat the skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, crack one egg and mix well with a fork.
- Pour into a hot pan and tilt pan to spread egg into a large circle on the bottom of the pan.
- Let cook 30 seconds. (Sprinkle with seasonings if desired)
- Carefully flip with a large spatula and let cook another 30 seconds.
- Remove from pan and repeat with as many eggs as desired.
- Let egg wraps cool slightly (or fully), top as desired with fillings, roll and serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Information (per egg wrap)
Total Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
Sugar: 0 grams
Fiber: 0 grams
Cholesterol: 186 milligrams
Sodium: 71 milligrams