This super easy omelette uses the microwave, which means no pan to scrub clean! If you want to cut down on the yolks, you can always substitute 2 egg whites for one of the whole eggs. Remember, you do want at least 1 whole egg to get all the nutritional benefits that eggs have to offer.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 6 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 1 minute
- 2 eggs
- Pinch kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small piece whole grain bread, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped kale and asparagus
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheese
- Crack eggs into a microwave-safe mug; season with salt and pepper and scramble with a fork.
- Mix in bread and vegetables and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Sprinkle with cheese and microwave for 15 to 30 seconds more until eggs are set.
Nutrition Information (per mug)
Total Fat: 14 grams
Saturated Fat: 5 grams
Protein: 18 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
Fiber: 2 grams