Pumpkin is allowable in small amounts on the keto diet. This recipe uses 100% pure pumpkin puree, and just enough to make these pancakes mighty tasty!
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 30 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
1 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons full fat Greek yogurt
¼ cup whole milk
3 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
3 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 drops liquid Stevia
Sugar-free maple syrup, optional topping
- In a medium bowl, sift together the almond flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, yogurt, milk, 2 tablespoons of the butter, the beaten egg, vanilla, and Stevia.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until incorporated. Using a hand mixer or immersion blender with a whisk attachment, whisk the mixture for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Melt ½ tablespoon of the remaining butter in a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, ladle 2 tablespoons of batter at a time onto the griddle or skillet, leaving room between the pancakes. Cook until the sides are slightly browned and bubbles begin to form, about 3 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook pancakes until golden brown and crisp around the edges, an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the skillet and place onto a place, covering with aluminum foil or a clean towel to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining butter and batter to make 8 pancakes.
- Serve warm and top with maple syrup, if desired.
Nutrition Information (2 pancakes)