Today I’ll be giving you 5 tips that could help you sleep better. Sleep is one of the most important factors when it comes to seeing or not seeing results. You should try to allow yourself at least 7 hours of sleep every night. It’s really important to recover and grow.
- Make time for it. It may sound obvious, but often people sacrifice sleep for social life or work. Sleep is extremely important, not only in correlation with results from the gym, but mentally too. Your thought process will be drastically reduced if you barely sleep. In conclusion, don’t sacrifice sleep for things that aren’t essential.
- Workout. When you’re in good shape, and lean, it’s proven sleep will come far more easily. Plus, when you workout you’re more tired anyways. Actually, in people who have low body fat, it’s been recognized their quality of sleep is actually better too. So, it’s a win, win.
- Avoid caffeine 3-4 hours before sleep. Caffeinated drinks can negatively impact your sleep cycle. They’ll give you some false energy, and as you know, you will eventually crash, but it may not be at the right times. It’s just much better to avoid them before sleep.
- Don’t eat a huge meal right before you go to bed. A lot of people rush their day, and end up having a huge supper before they fall asleep. This also connects to making time, make sure you plan to eat a couple hours before you fall asleep. When you’ve only had a light meal and allow for enough time to digest it a little bit, your sleep will be improved.
- Avoid cell phones, computer, TV, etc. Any kind of artificial light actually negatively impacts your sleep. It is recommended you don’t expose yourself to any light of that sort as much as one hour before sleep. We understand that may be impossible for some people, but keep it in mind.
I hope you found these tips useful. Stay tuned because more is coming next week!